advertisement

In this Discussion

advertisement

Upper legs shake uncontrollably when back is arched?

So I have noticed when I'm lying down on my mat after my workout, or even before, with my legs bent up and my feet flat on the ground (90 degree angle between my calf and the back of my thighs), my upper legs will shake uncontrollably. When I am lying in this position, my back is naturally arched a bit so the center of my back is off the ground. If I curl my lower back/pelvis in to where the center of my back now touches the mat, my legs immediately stop shaking. I'm wonder what this means? I've spoken with a few friends and they all suggested I reach out to a doctor because they think it has to do with my nerves.

I know there must be something wrong with lower back or something because I've been dealing with a lot of odd ankle pains and lower leg pains for the past 4 years and most doctors/therapists have not been able to treat it although my last therapist took a step back and examined my lower back and is led to believe something is wrong with my nervous system in my lower back and its causing all of my lower leg/ankle pains. 

advertisement

Comments

• bjkbbjk SeattlePosts: 1

It is not so uncommon. I understand it is a symptom of a lack of stability. It’s very common for people to shake when they are introduced to a new movement that test strength, flexibility, and balance simultaneously. 

Unfortunately, the initial shaking seems to give rise to more shaking and undermine stability. 

Maybe if you  look at it as signal from your  body about your work out.. You just have to figure out how to fix it. 

Sign In or Join Us to comment.