I have a work comp injury on thoracic and lumbar. I moved states and started seeing a new doctor in December. He is obsessed with lumbar. Says my thoracic is fine even though my old MRI(four years ago said differently) and even though work comp told me I couldn't work my job anymore, thus them paying me to go back to school he still insisted nothing was wrong. So I was forced to pay out of pocket for an updated MRI and these were the results.
The thoracic aorta and paraspinal soft tissues appear normal.
2. The spinal cord is normal in size and signal intensity.
3. No fracture or suspicious bone lesion. There is disc desiccation throughout the mid thoracic spine and mild
dextroconvex thoracic scoliosis.
4. T2-T3: A 5 x 8 millimeter left paracentral disc herniation produces posterior displacement of the left cord and
mild central stenosis. The foramina are patent.
5. T4-T5: A 4 x 8 millimeter left paracentral disc herniation produces posterior cord displacement and mild central
stenosis. The neural foramina are patent.
6. T5-T6: A 4 x 8 millimeter left paracentral disc herniation produces posterior displacement of the spinal cord
and borderline central stenosis. The neural foramina are patent.
7. T6-T7: A 4 by 8 millimeter left paracentral/preforaminal disc protrusion with annular fissure produces cord
effacement but no central canal compromise. The foramina are patent.
8. T7-T8: A 4 x 8 millimeter left pre foraminal disc herniation contacts left cord and produces narrowing of the left
pre foraminal space. The central canal and foramina are patent.
9. The T8 -L1 intervertebral discs appear normal.
10. Small to Schmorl's nodes is seen on the left at T10-11, T11-12 and L1-2.
I have an appointment with him in two weeks. I am bringing him this. I have begging for an updated thoracic MRI and or referral since December,. HE REFUSED at every single visit to do it. I have numbness down my buttocks and legs. Very bad back pain. Trouble walking at times. I walk "sideways" He told me "Its probably your lumbar bulge' and ordered nerve blocks and told me to just take Tylenol. UPPED my weight limit to 50lbs.
A few questions I have are; Am I just being a wuss? Does anyone else here have thoracic issues, and how do I get this doctor to see that I have serious pain. If you have thoracic issues, what methods of treatment are you currently using? PT, shots, what kind of meds?
It already took them from Dec-Sept to approve Nerve blocks for the lumbar I wonder how long it'll take for blocks for this... All he ever wants to do is blocks. In the past I have done Physical Therapy and Aqua Therapy for the thoracic back in my original state. I have only done Physical Therapy for the lumbar with this doctor because he wasn't focused on thoracic.
Also, would it be acceptable to ask for a handicap placard even if it is temporary? Sometimes I avoid going out because I don't want to walk halfway across the parking lot to the supermarket. Is that reasonable or am I being dramatic. I only ask this because he seems to not be taking me seriously..
Before anyone says anything about an attorney, I have an attorney, he sucks. I've tried to change and called over 100 attorney's. Nobody will take the case because the attorney committed malpractice which I need to address soon. So, changing attorneys is out of the question.
I can't change doctors because this doctor.. it took them ONE year to find this guy. Treating out of state is difficult. I have to drive to another state to treat because my original states work comp doesn't cover my current state.
Please give me some insight.