advertisement

In this Discussion

advertisement

Best pillow brand for herniated discs

I have herniated l2,3,4 and 5 and am looking for the best pillow type and brand for my back. 

Any suggestions would be very appreciated. 

Thanks!

advertisement

Comments

• WLLadyWLLady Ontario CanadaPosts: 844

hi username24

As per forum rules forum members are not allowed to recommend specific names/brands of pillows or other items specifically....

Are you looking for a pillow to elevate your knees to take the stress off your back? if so there are many triangular knee pillows designed specifically for this purpose-in different materials and heights.  if its for your neck the one thing i noticed is that if i can keep my spine as neutral position as possible it helps immensely....which means a different height pillow if i sleep on my side than if i sleep flat on my back.  if you are a side sleeper a pillow that is thicker to keep your neck neutral (height of your shoulder) is what my doctor recommended to me.  personally sleeping on my back i need a super thin pillow....but again, that's just me.  Best is to try and find what works the best for you, we're all different shapes and sizes and what works for me, might not work for you or the next person.  i know it's not a helpful answer, but a reality with back problems....every back is different, and it seems like different things work for different people....

Sign In or Join Us to comment.