advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

Morphine

Went to Chronic pain clinic today.

They want to put me on low dose morphine twice a day for 3 months. Paracetamol through the day too. Not sure what to do. I think they are tablets with other ingredient. If no joy then injections.

This is for my back pain.

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 5,916

Paracetamol is the same as acetaminophen, treats mild pain and fever. As far as the morphine, have you ever taken it before or anything equal to that? About the only thing you can do is give it a try or ask if there is something else you could take that would possibly work.

• No, not taken it before.

• advertisement

I wish all doctors would run a personalized gene therapy drug test. Just a swab in your mouth, send it to a lab with the meds you are on and it comes back with what will work for you. It's an idea if he will do it. 
    I was on a lot of opioids but they could not control my pain. So my doctor ran this test and found out my metabolism was so high, nothing worked. That's when we decided to go with a pain pump.
    Good luck and let us know what you decide to do.

• Jerome001Jerome001 Cocoa Beach, FloridaPosts: 294

Sandra has a good point about what does or doesn't work. I haven't had the test she mentioned but during my last fusions surgery, the doctors told me I only absorbed about 20% of the various pain meds they injected. I too have reasonable relief with a pain pump. If you are not allergic to morphine and in a lot of pain it may provide you with welcome relief. I'd take it when at home with someone with you and no plans for the remainder of the day or evening.

• Decided against taking it. Will continue with Ibuprofen and Paracetamol for now.

• advertisement

koolpc, do what's best for you, and you have!
    But I hope your pain does ease.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thing is, i dont want to get addicted to it plus, i dont want the withdrawal syptoms either. 

To be honest, i think i would rather suffer and take ibuprofen and paracetamol.

Biggest issue i have is work. Today my back was hurting in work. Its not getting easier at all. Doctors just dont seem bothered.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

koolpc, like I said, you have to do what's best for you. Read the article below, it may help.

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.