advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Morphine

Comments

• Still waiting to see pain management!

Work is getting harder as i stand in work and my back is really painfull after a short while. Sitting is the same.

I am taking ibuprofen and paracetamol together but only in work. At home i can lie down on a hot water bottle. I cant give up work as i need the money!

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,482

koolpc

Still waiting? Would it be too pushy to call every day? Don't forget to use an ice pack too. It will help cool the nerves down.
    Good luck!

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical Story  
  • advertisement
  • Jerome001Jerome001 Cocoa Beach, FloridaPosts: 385

koolpc, I understand your desire and determination to stay away from opioids, especially in today's very climate. For most of my life I refused to take practically any medicine except for a cold or the flu because my mother was addicted to prescription pain meds while I was growing up which explained a lot of things I experienced. However, because of back and neck problems and cancer, I found that medicine could have positive effects too, especially when dealing with chronic pain. I've been on some form of pain medicine for most of the past 20+ years and, as others stated, there is a difference between addiction and dependence. I depend on my opioid pain medicine to make my life bearable. Like Sandra, I have a pain pump with morphine so I don't take anything orally anymore. My quality of life has tremendously improved since my last neck and back fusions along with the pain pump implant. I am not recommending you take opioids for your pain but rather attempting to offer an example of how they have helped me. I hope you find some relief soon and wish you the best of luck. Please do keep us posted. Jerome

• Thanks people. I will ring pain management next week.

I was offered morphine but i wouldnt be able to work with that i dont think.

• Been told i have another 3 go 4 months to wait for appointment.

Now, i have also got Golfers Elbows. Very painful. I guess its because of lifting in work due to my bad back.

Seeing my doc in 2 weeks. Hoping to get letter from him that i can give to work saying no lifting.

My chemist says to try gabapentin or pregabalin but very hesitent to try. Tried pregabalin before. Coming off was horrible.

• advertisement

I take gabapentin for nerve pain and it works for me. But you have to give it time to work. Another thing my doctor will do is prescribe either prednisone or a medrol pack for the inflammation. Those work real good for a while.
    Talk to your doctor about inflammation, it can be very painful in itself.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Sandra
  • Thank you.

Problem i have is that my doctor is not very caring at all. At least thats how it seems.

I'm so sorry you have so much trouble with doctors. Is it that he doesn't care or just overloaded with patients? Earlier you stated you still have 3-4 months to get in to see pain management. 
    I have a friend that lives in the UK. She needs neck surgery so bad and has been waiting almost a year. So I understand your frustration.

Sandra
  • I know you worry about working while taking medication, but it you start slowly and only take the amount needed to help your pain, you may very well be able to work depending on what job you do.  I currently take 20 MG od Methadone along with 40 MG of Oxymorphone and I can work just fine.  I mainly do office work now because I can't do patient treatment while on meds or lawyers would have a field day on my backside if I did and hurt someone by mistake.  I've been on it for a while, so my body has acclimated to it, but it does not effect my mental capacity at all.  So sorry you have to wait this long to get help.

Keith

Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2
  • Echoing Keith... for my pseudoarthrosis I really wrestled with using opioids, etc.  Didn’t have success with several but doctor put me on Nucynta, a moderate dose near the middle of the dosing range.  Honestly I can’t tell I’m taking it other than the pain drops from a 5 to a 1-2.  No drowsiness, brain fog, or constipation.  As with all meds, you just have to weight the risk / reward.  

Kevin

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.