advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

March 2019 Surgery Buddies

Post here if you are having surgery in March, 2019.

Sandra
Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
---------------------------------------------------------------
Please read my  Medical Story  
advertisement

Comments

• Hi, I was originally in February surgery buddies, but my surgery got postponed until 7th March. Tomorrow. Yikes!!

I am having fusion from  T2 to L3 to correct hyperkyphosis of 95 degrees, with 2 X retrolisthesis.

My pain has been controlled since teenage years by exercise mostly. It's got markedly worse the last 10 years and awful the last 2. Presumably that was when the retrolisthesis occurred. Get global pain, from toes, calves, thighs, pelvis, abdominal muscles, arms, back of course and awful headaches.

Surgeon said he is only looking to correct to 50 or 60 which is a bit disappointing. Am really scared of dealing with the post op pain, but looking forward to recovery

• Hey March Buddies, my slice and dice date is March 19. I've been diagnosed with DD, as well as spinal stenosis.   They are fusing my c6-c7. My family and I are scared for me to have this surgery for one reason.  Last Oct I went in for a routine gallbladder surgery, in and out, ya right.  Well i had so much infection and stones, not to mention a stone  the size of a peach pit that wore a hole in my bile duct.  Needless to say the simple in and out surgery turned into a 6 day hospital stay and two tubes coming out of my stomach for 6 weeks.  Not to mention the 7 inch scar.  Well for this surgery I have done my homework and I'm trying to prepare my home and family for any out come.  I have complete faith in my surgeon.   My husband is even taking time off work to help me recover.  So mentally and spiritually I'm ready. 

• advertisement
  • Good Luck, and Prayers for your surgery tomorrow @Amanda L.  When you feel like it check back and let us know how your doing :-)

• Hello all! 

I’m having a lumbar micro D tomorrow (3/7) morning at 7am due to a recurrent and fairly severe herniated disk (L4-L5). This is my second surgery on this level ( I had a laminectomy 11/2017) and I’m really hoping this does the trick. I’m so ready to be pain free and am trying to stay optimistic even though it’s hard due to a very difficult recovery with the last surgery. I’m told that since I’m young (just turned 25 last week :-) ) I should have a fairly smooth recovery, and I’m looking forward to getting back into PT in a few weeks and resume a normal life as I’ve been in constant pain for the last almost 3 years. I hope everyone else has successful surgeries and wishing you all the best of luck with your recovery and keep us posted on how you’re doing. So glad to have you all to add to my bet of support during this process :-) 

Avery 

• Hi everyone. Good luck and sympathy to all. I am just waiting to go into surgery now!

• advertisement
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,482

amandal
    good luck with your surgery today. please let us know how you are doing when you feel better.

5oranges74
    welcome to march surgery buddies! to help you prepare for this surgery, check out the links below which have helped so many other members.
    post op must haves 
    important actions to take before you leave the hospital
    3 things to know about neck range of motion after acdf surgery
    keep us posted on how you are doing.

avesholz94
    good luck today on your surgery. please keep us posted on your recovery.
    recovery, the most important phase - patience required

Sandra
  • Hi all- 

Surgery went well per my doc. I’m pretty uncomfortable but that’s normal! Ice and the pain medications are my best friend right now, and I imagine that will be the cast for the next few days. I’m looking forward to walking around more tomorrow, but surgeon told me to rest today so I’m happy to lay here and catch up on all my guilty pleasure tv shows LOL.

@AmandaL hope everything went well for you today my dear! I will be thinking of you and sending healing vibes your way :-):

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,482

avesholz94
    Thanks for the update and so glad to hear everything went well. Rest well and don't overdo anything.

Sandra
  • @avesholz94 so glad to hear everything went well.   Prayers for continued improvements. <3

• Hi! I am scheduled to have L4/L5 discectomy and laminectomy on 3/21. This is the first back surgery I’ve had. I had my pre-op appts yesterday and I am super nervous. Worried about it being outpatient surgery and worried about recovery. I am a stay at home mom with two kids on the autism spectrum. So their needs are a little extra. I am just hoping for some pain relief! 

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.