advertisement
advertisement

April 2019 Surgery Buddies

Post here if you are having surgery in April, 2019.

advertisement

Comments

• Lumbar laminectomy/fusion April 1st, 11:30. 

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 3,409
    edited 07/31/2019 - 10:21 AM

pekelover
    welcome to april surgery buddies!!  please tell us a little more about yourself, why you are having surgery, which levels.
    to get you started,

take care and keep us posted on how you are doing.

• advertisement
  • Beat you to it! Have already read links! Lol

Surgery is for pain in lumbar back and numbness in legs. Doctor has said only about 50% of pain will be relieved, but numbness will be much better. Have also just been diagnosed with gallstones. Not having fun.

Oh no!! I am so sorry about the gallstones. I have never had those but had to have my gallbladder removed.
    Glad you read the links, they have helped a lot of people.

• Hi Peke!  Looks like we are on the same schedule. I've had gallstone and my gallbladder removed.  2-3 days uncomfortable turning over, etc, but SUCH relief after that.

• advertisement

schicago

Welcome to April Surgery Buddies! You first posted in just Surgery Buddies. If you don't mind, you can copy and paste that discussion here so everyone will know what you have going on.

• I am a 65 year old woman with diabetes, high blood pressure, chronic depression, severe osteoarthritis and sleep apnea, all responding well to treatment. I am having a posterior lumbar decompression and fusion surgery on April 8th. The affected vertebrae are L3, 4 and 5. I have been putting it off for nearly 10 years and have been having epidural steroid injections regularly. They don't work for more than a few days now and I can't take the constant back pain and leg pain and numbness any longer.  In December I had an MRI and I saw the neurosurgeon last Wednesday.  He explained the results and my options,  which were to have the surgery or carry on as before. Obviously, I have chosen to have the surgery and I was rather taken aback when they booked me for less  than 3 weeks ahead. Now I feel like I am scrambling. I have a CAT scan on Monday and another appointment with the neurosurgeon on Tuesday.  I was expecting a long wait for the surgery,  like the 2 years I had to wait for my knee replacements. I am wondering if it will be even more painful than my knee replacements and I worry that something will go wrong and I will end up worse off than before. My mother died from a postoperative infection which is always in the back of my mind. My other surgeries have been so successful which is good, but how can I be so lucky again? 

edited 07/31/2019 - 10:21 AM

Kyley
    Welcome to April Surgery Buddies!! Staying positive before surgery and during recovery will help.
    Please read the links I posted above, it is very good advice on preparing for surgery. 

Take care and keep us posted.

• Original date was 4/8 but got a call today to move it up to 4/1. I will be having an ALIF/PSF on L4-5. It has been a journey here but I am praying that this will give me the relief I am in need of so that I can get back to life as I knew it. 

jetucker85
    Welcome to April Surgery Buddies!! Please tell us more about your journey to get here.
    Take care and hope to hear from you soon.

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.