advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

April 2019 Surgery Buddies

Comments

• Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion C4-6 With Allograft Bone and Plate - scheduled for 04/22/2019. 

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,482

rhondatai

welcome to april surgery buddies!! when you have time, we would like to know you better as in what caused this injury. below are links to help you out.

recovery, the most important phase - patience required

post op must haves 

important actions to take before you leave the hospital

take care and keep us posted.

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical Story  
  • advertisement
  • I'm having a laminectomy on L5-S1 on April 2nd. 

MrsZTG

Welcome to Surgery Buddies!! Please tell us a little more about yourself and what brought you here. Is this your first surgery?
    All of the links above have a lot of great information. If you have time please read them.
    Good luck and keep us posted.

Sandra

pekelover
    Your fusion surgery is scheduled for tomorrow. That will also be your first day of recovery. 
    Take care and please keep us posted.

jetucker85
    Good luck tomorrow with your ALIF L4-L5 surgery. Recovery starts also.
    Take care and keep us posted.

Sandra
  • advertisement
  • Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm so happy that I found you all. My back started giving me problems in 2015 when I was diagnosed with DDD, but the pain was manageable. I was in an automobile accident in July 2016 which caused the disc to herniate. I went through 1 1/2 years of physical therapy, chiropractic  treatments and acupuncture before finally having my 1st laminectomy in December 2017. My recovery was too good to be true, I literally had no back pain until I fell down the stairs at work in December 2018. My initial injury from the fall was a broken ankle and it wasn't until February 2019 when I had to go to the ER for sciatica then I realized I more than likely messed up my disc again. I had to go to the ER 4 times in a month for sciatica until I asked my doctor for an MRI. The MRI showed severe spinal stenosis and he said it would take at least 2 years for my body to repair itself. There's no way I can deal with this pain for 2 years. My surgery is on April 2nd 

i am so sorry. hopefully this surgery will relieve your pain.
    the link below will help you a lot to get you and your home ready for surgery. it has helped so many people. but if you have any questions that we can help you with, let us know.
    post op must haves 

Sandra
  • No pain meds for three weeks has been excruciating, and yesterday and today have been unbearable. Having a very hard time moving around and sitting. Then, on Monday at hospital pre-op, they said I could have a little to eat by 5:30 from a very limited, very specific list. But on Thursday, doctors office called and said NO, no matter what anesthesia people said, there is no eating or drinking after midnight! So when my surgery was scheduled for 7:30, the rule was no food/drink after midnight. Then I was pushed to 11:30, and the rule is STILL no food/drink after midnight! What gives???? I tend to get so hungry I get sick to my stomach, and I told them that. Doesn’t make sense to me that before I just had to watch the no eating for 7.5 hours, but now it’s 11.5 plus hours, cause we all know surgery never starts on time. With it being a three hour minimum surgery, and not getting a room til after 5 at the earliest, and only getting ice chips at first, will there be any problems with not eating for so many hours? Additionally, my blood pressure is going up, and I figure they’ll be giving me something extra for that. Is it common to withhold eating for so long? Doctor said if I eat ANYTHING, he will cancel surgery. I have vented!

It's ok to vent!!  But you have to follow their orders, whether we agree or not. 
    Take care and good luck!!

Sandra
  • I am having my second L5S1 back surgery tomorrow (April 2) 

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.