advertisement
advertisement

Fusion or not to Fusion

My doctor has recommended Fusion surgery due to Anterolisthesis of L4 over L5 along with 3 bulges, and 2 levels of stenosis and facet degeneration.  This surgeon would like to me to again try pain management  to see if they can fix me or  then do fusion surgery all of my symptoms have progressed and slipped disc moves when I move . 

Pain management isnt going to take away the issue and surgery might cause more fusion surgeries down the line. Or live in constant pain . Please others advise what you did and why!

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 3,416

Pain management might not be able to "fix" you but they can help you manage your pain. They also have procedures they can do that may help. Below is a very good article that explains what they can do.
    Pain Management Center 
    Everyone is different and you really can't go by others did. If it were me, I would discuss this with your surgeon again. Read up on fusions as well as other available surgeries, then talk to him.

• I am in a similar predicament. Already had a single level fusion for spondylolisthesis three years ago, now  planning a second fusion for adjacent segment disease.  As much as I would like to avoid that, have exhausted all other options and the pain has become too much to bear.   I do worry about further adjacent segment disease and a repeat of the whole process!

• advertisement
  • Momdown how did your first fusion go?

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 3,416

wubby1963
    Read about momdown's surgery, and others, at Feb. Surgery Buddies. Below is the link.
    February 2019 Surgery Buddies

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.