advertisement
advertisement

Having C3-T2 ACDF with removal of failed hardware from 10 years ago in C5-6,C6-7 and replace.

I've been reading a lot of people talking about the 24/7 migraines which caused me to see my neurologist who then sent me to get a MRI w/contrast. Bad idea...now they found a mess. I am hoping that someone has had something like this. I have an 8 hour surgery scheduled for Jan 4th and I'm terrified. I haven't spoken to the surgeon again as of yet, but I don't know what kind of brace I'll be in after this surgery. I have chronic pain issues already due to a lumbar fusion 2 levels, and fibromyalgia and Lupus so I think I can handle the pain following this daunting surgery. The doctor told me the pain is going to be worse that after open heart surgery. I guess they go through the front and back of my neck.....ummmm..I'm frightened ! I'm allergic to ALL narcotics so I guess tylenol post-op is all I've got. Anyone out there that has any suggestions or answers?

advertisement

Comments

• Thanks for you response, unfortunately I HAVE to get this fixed. My old hardware is slipping and crushing it all so I have migraines all day long and severe strength loss and I can;t feel my hands anymore. I drop everything it;s terribly frustrating. The surgeon is amazed i am able to function at all, so this I'm afraid is a forced surgery as well. Sending you well wishes and appreciate your comment!

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 3,409
    edited 07/30/2019 - 1:05 PM

jenel552
    welcome to spine health

all new members should take the system tutorial

i agree with nutcase, this has to be your decision. i am so sorry you are having to go through this again. have you been tested to see which narcotics you are allergic too? maybe it would help you find something.
    please join us in surgery buddies, please click on the month january 2019, and start a discussion. no one has signed up yet but it's early. being there gives you support and advice from others.
    take care and keep us posted. hope to see you in surgery buddies!
  • advertisement
  • Thanks for the info. I'll have that checked. I will look into the other forum as well

Sign In or Join Us to comment.