advertisement
advertisement

ACDF c4-C5 and Torn Rotator Cuffs

I am a 52 year old male who suffered from increasing upper back pain. After several years, it was determined by MRI that I had a p. Acnes infection in the disc of c-4-c5. At the surgery, I was warned, by several people, including by the anesthesiologist, that I would likely have pain in my shoulders after the surgery due to the way that they "pull your shoulders down" to position you. Ok fine, but shoulder pain was intense. Fusion stopped the upper back pain, but I have had pain in my shoulders muscles(tops of my shoulders up to neck) ever since the surgery. Finally in august, one year later, the pain got so bad that I returned to a shoulder doctor. Diagnosis was two full thickness tears in my left shoulder which would require surgery (which I had friday), and a partial thickness tear in my right. Mind you, I have been recuperating from ACDF surgery...doing nothing physical but PT. Crazy. Is this a common side effect of this surgery? Because this is ridiculous. Anyone else? Honestly, I'm mad.

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.