advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

L5S1 Microdiscectomy / Sciatica

Comments

• Thanks Challenger! Yes I’ve read various post about the fickle nerve pain reoccurrence after surgery.  The nerve is a crazy beast! 

Thanks Ron- I have read that post and the associated links as well :) 

• Keep us posted and let us know how you are doing, I will be praying for you

challenger
    Veritas-Health Moderator

• advertisement
  • Will do- thank you Challenger!

• Hey Challenger & everyone, 

Surgery went good! Home and relaxing best I can.  I joined the December Surgery Buddies group and here is the update I posted there:  

I ended up getting  a Laminectomy decompression.  The surgeon said after the surgery was done that there had been disc fragments he had to clear out (not shown on the MRI) and that the nerve had been nicked by the Lamina when it was pinched! I’m like “no wonder I felt like the herniation had gotten worse!”   The original scan in September showed only a 7mm herniation.  Well so far based just on that I’m glad I made the decision to have surgery instead of another ESI and waiting.  

Because of the nick on the nerve- the Dr. has me on 24 hours laying flat just in case of spinal headaches.  So far I got a slight one that went away shortly (I had been up to pee and had a quick dinner at a 45 degree angle).  

Sciatica is mild (like a 0-2 at the worst- mostly gone for now) back pain is more tight and more of that surgery pain- which now I see the difference in what everyone has been talking about.  

——

Keeping watch for headache, fever and otherwise anything else abnormal.  

• challengercchallenger Posts: 1,272
    edited 07/09/2019 - 11:15 AM

mamaASH- Glad to hear you are home and the surgery went well, really glad you made the hard decision to have surgery, now let the recovery begin. Take it easy and let yourself heal, Sounds good that your sciatica is so much less. You already know this forum has a wealth of knowledge and experience so if you have any questions just ask. Take care of yourself and keep us posted.

challenger
    Veritas-Health Moderator

• advertisement
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.