Not sure what to do.

So I am 23 years old and when I was young I was in a very violent accident when I was 9. I've struggled most of my life with my back and hips since. A lot of physical therapy and chiropractors throughout my life that didn't help. I've been using a cane lately when I am at home just to take pressure off my hip and give it some support and it helps a lot. I am still afraid to go out in public with it. When I was 19 I went to a Chiropractor in Ohio and the X-rays were atrocious. My hips were misaligned more than an inch and my lower lumbar was crushing my disk at an inward left angle. I never really pursued treatment being out of the house and was broke at that age with no insurance. Recently I dealt with numbness from the waist down and was worried so I went to a chiropractor here in Chicago and he took X-rays and he did nothing but throw my age in my face the entire time and the x-rays were barely visible. It was like 400 bucks. He told me that the numbness could be diabetes and that my back was off a little bit but that's it, which is impossible seeing that I had recently had my blood checked and my sugar was fine. The X-rays from when I was 19 were crystal clear and the doctor pulled me aside and told me "Mr.Bloomfield you have a very peculiar spine." and the X-rays were really bad. I have a bad feeling about this new chiropractor and I am unsure what to believe. I'm in a lot of pain still. I am thinking of collecting all my X-ray records from when I was a kid and when I was 19 and just going to an orthopedist. Atm the cane has relieved a lot of pain and the numbness is less intense. 



  • Definitely! I would go to a good Primary first or at preferably Pain Management and then perhaps a neurosurgeon. You don't have insurance? That would make things tough but maybe they have some good State programs. In my opinion, chiropractors have there place but this is not one of them! Trust your instincts. My heart goes out to you and I pray you can find help! 

  • I second your opinion of an orthopedic surgeon. If I had a lot of structural issues I would want to see an orthopedic surgeon and not a chiropractor.

    Good luck and please keep us posted.

  • advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.