advertisement
advertisement

How does it feel when a lumbar disc herniates?

joowee40joowee40 Mississippi Posts: 239

I've had 2 cervical surgeries and now my lower back is killing me suddenly for the last 3 wks and it's not getting any better. I can hardly bend forward, getting up and down makes me Yelp, walking is tough and some days I can barely put weight on my left leg bc it hurts my back so much. 

I'm seriously concerned that I've herniated a disc so I thought I would come ask you lumbar folks, from your experience, what did it feel like when u blew a disc and does what I described sound like what may have happened? The holidays are going to slow down seeing my surgeon and getting an MRI so in the meantime my mind is whirling wondering what is wrong..I had a bad fall down some steps a bit more than a month ago and I was busy protecting my neck and keeping my head from hitting to save my 9mth old posterior revision that I landed hard on my rear and things have been not great since then and may have jarred my fusion aloose. 

Julie

advertisement

Comments

• L4_L5LL4_L5 Posts: 1,127
    edited 12/26/2018 - 4:38 AM

If me I would let more time pass. To me three weeks is not much time. If the eight week mark isn’t any better I would ask my PCP for a referral to a neurosurgeon.

• It's a good sign that you didn't mention any pain in your legs as far as sciatica goes but I would not hesitate to see a doctor just in case, hopefully it's just muscle pain or bruising.

• advertisement
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 3,399

To keep from guessing, worry and wondering, I'd make an appointment to see someone. 

• Like lightning pain in the lower back (for me). That was 6 months ago. It now shows up as muscle spasms in that area. Get an MRI.

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.