advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

Post Surgery

I had a 2 level cervical surgery on 11/27.  The pain and numbness I had prior of the surgery was gone when I woke up from the surgery.  However my left arm was hurting and is still currently. It is constant I also have numbness and tingling to my fingertips. I can barely raise that arm.   This is more painful than my right arm prior to surgery.  I have had 3 rounds of prednisone, I take 600mg of Gabapentin 3 times a day and 10 mg of Percocet every 4 hours. Prior I took no medication. 

Has anyone else had this happen?  I had been told I would be able to return to work 2-3 weeks after surgery.  That did not happen. 

Thanks in advance for any input.

advertisement

Comments

• L4_L5LL4_L5 Posts: 1,416
    edited 12/30/2018 - 5:49 AM

2-3 weeks to return to work sounds insane to me but I’m not a doctor.

All fusion people I know measure recovery in months, not weeks.

I would book an appmt with the surgeon to express my concerns.

• I have seen my surgeon and or his PA several times since my surgery. Had an MRI showing some narrowing in C4/5 which is one of the levels that was fused.  But said he said the pain should be on the opposite side.  Ordered a CT but the results were sent after the surgeons office closed on Friday for the New Years Holiday.  They will not be open until Wednesday.  I may try and get a copy of the report tomorrow if the imaging center is open.  I know he is looking for possible bone or disk fragment to be piercing a nerve.

This pain is very bad and constant. 

• advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.