advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

Lower back cracking / popping 4 weeks out of Micro D

Good afternoon All

I am 4 weeks post Op of my 2nd microdiscectomy on my L4/L5 (right side this time).  I have been increasing my walking day by day and have been increasing how much I lift by very little weight.  The past three days I have noticed some minor pain and tingling is back down my hamstring and into my big toe.  I am getting a light cracking / popping feeling and sound from my back whenever I step on my right foot, and have the urge to crack my back by bending to the left every 15 minutes.

Does this sound like something to be worried about?  I have only had general stiffness to this point with very minor nerve pain that comes and goes.  Any help or advice would be much appreciated!

thanks

advertisement

Comments

• challengercchallenger Posts: 1,230
    edited 07/09/2019 - 11:56 AM

I would talk to my doctor. There is another member on here that is going through the same thing as far as the popping goes, as I told her I had the same thing happen after one of my discectomy and if I remember it lasted about 2 months, doctor said that it was ligaments that stretched during surgery, hopefully yours is the same thing but like I said don't take my word for this, talk to your doctor. Good luck and feel better soon

challenger
    Veritas-Health Moderator

• i think the pain you are getting is Phantom pain but i would also suggest talking to your surgeon. I also have a lot of popping in my back. I asked my doctor and physio about it and they said that if its not painful i shouldnt worry about it.

• advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.