advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

Broken Back

32 years ago I broke myself in half in a sled riding accident, I have 2 Herrington rods in each side of my spine, along with bone they took out of my hip to rebuild me and fuse together, I had the most amazing doctor who said I would never walk again. Well here I am 49 years old and carried 2 kids, But all of the sudden I am starting to have more lower back pain then normal. Is it just age or can the rods be taken out?

advertisement

Comments

• Wow HLeisure that is for sure a success story.  Do you know what levels they fused together?  I don't know the answers to your questions but I would suggest seeing your GP at the very least and maybe even an orthopedic spinal doctor.

10 level fusion T9 - S1 with pelvic fixation. Two titanium rods, 24 screws, 4 cages.

Firm believer in PMA

• nutcase007nnutcase007 United StatesPosts: 918
    HLeisure - An amazing success story. You must have had determination to get yourself walking again.  If my math is correct, you were 17 years old when this accident occurred.  At 17, most youth still are developing/growing. 

Totally agree with urbmshr, you likely should work with a spine surgeon to get some imaging of your back.  With that much hardware in your back, I doubt that you will be able to get an MRI, but I could be wrong.  There are other diagnostic tests that are valuable. It sounds like you have had 32 years of relatively good quality of life.  What a success story!       

• advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.