advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

Motor nerves vs sensory nerves

So we all know and feel the effects of nerve compression, that numbness tingling feeling, or on the other side the harp burning electric pain

However the one thing I never hear anyone talk about is how long can a motor nerve (feeds the organs non sensory) be compressed before complications arise, or permanent damage can happen.

advertisement

Comments

• Sorry that was supposed to say autonomic nerve 

• nutcase007nnutcase007 United StatesPosts: 917

suppadev - I'm suggesting that you google wikipedia autonomic nervous system, because it is about the best source I know that tries to explain in "laypersons language" the autonomic nervous system.  Within that write-up are links to even sub-parts and functions of the autonomic nervous system.  Maybe someone else can directly answer your question.  

• advertisement
  • Thanks nutcase007 ill check there, Just in general the motor and sensory nerves are addressed with OA but the effect on the autonomic nervous system (since it all goes through the spinal column) is not directly referenced (that I could find)

Sign In or Join Us to comment.