advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

lower lumbar shift after surgery normal?

I had surgery on my L4-L5 area. A laminectomy and discectomy done on Thurs. When I got home I started feeling alot better. But after I went to bed and woke up to use the bathroom. My back was shifted over and the pain was alot worse. Today its been shifted over. My question is, "Is this normal?" With my pain meds it gets a little better  but still very hard to walk. 

advertisement

Comments

• Don't know if I fully understand your post but if you are talking about your back being out of alignment you need to talk to your surgeon right away

challenger
    Veritas-Health Moderator

• yes its differently out of alignment with extreem pain. Ill do my best to expain it. My lower back is shifted over. Whick means my lower back and hips are more to one side than the other. I will see if I can contact someone about this. I can hardly walk and extreme pain. 

• advertisement
  • challengercchallenger Posts: 1,236
    edited 07/10/2019 - 3:44 PM

You really need to talk to somebody about that...you need to make sure what it is and if you are in that much pain and can't get your doctor you may want to go to the ER, better safe than sorry. Keep us posted on what you find out

challenger
    Veritas-Health Moderator

• I got ahold of a nurse prac. He said it is rare but does happen. Told me to take more pain meds. (have 5/325 percaset). Im gonig to call my surgeons office today,  the pain doenst seem like it getting better. I can hardly walk still. 

• Visited with my surgeons office yesterday. They called me in a prescription of Prednisone. They said if I wasnt better by Friday to call them. This is Tues. Im still not any better. I do have an appointement with my pain management dr. today. Hoping he can shed some light on the situation. Thanks 

• advertisement
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.