advertisement
advertisement

Cervical Laminoplasty sharp pains

I had posterior cervical Laminoplasty c3-c5 for OPLL in November and I have started to have sharp electrical -like pains in the lower part of my head. It’s right at the top of the beginning of the incision site. I’m just wondering is that normal? Until recently when I started physical therapy that whole area was numb and I couldn’t really feel anything. Now it’s as if it’s “waking up”. I am hoping that’s all it is. At the same time I am having issues with my throat swelling and the back of my mouth feeling numb so much that it feels like I can’t breathe. Supposedly, posterior cervical Laminoplasty isn’t supposed to cause swallowing or throat problems. . I’m just curious if something happened with the tube when I was under for anesthesia or if a nerve is messed up or what. My pcp wants to say acid reflux or anxiety. But I wouldn’t let them keep telling me that so now I am going to see an ENT. I am just curious if anyone else has had this surgery and these same problems.

advertisement

Comments

• Thanks. I am still trying to get answers about the sharp pains in the lower part of my scalp/neck. Now I am having severe itching at the site and it drives me crazy

Sign In or Join Us to comment.