advertisement
advertisement

Losing Weight To Manage Pain

Hi. I recently gained the extra almost 50 pounds that I had been carrying around for 7 years. 

Well, I never had much back pain in all those years, but now I do. Trying to figure out if it has anything to do with the exercising that I do. I do have arthritis and degenerative disc disease in my spine, with a couple of the lumbar discs not looking as good as they used to. All the pain is on the left side, and does radiate to my butt and back of the thigh. 

I sure wish I had never put on or kept on the weight, since it probably contributed to my current situation.

advertisement

Comments

• i lost weight once i started feeling pain :( problem is that I was not overweight, doctor says I am still okay, but I dont feel comfortable..need to gain muscle. it has not helped me, but maybe it work for others...best to ask your GP

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 3,830

Having arthritis and DDD, you really need to talk to your doctor about the proper exercises. As far as a diet, just think no carbs. The easy way to look at is nothing white, as in bread, pasta, mayo, flour, sugar. The Keytos diet is just that, no carbs.
    Good luck and keep us posted on your progress!!

• advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.