advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

Common Pain Management Procedures

Comments

• Thanks Bruce
    what do you know about interlaminar fenestration?
    From what I can find out, it sounds like a less invasive version of laminotomy.
    Perhaps it is only a term used in some parts of the world (I'm in the UK)

I've just had it used on my spine, levels L3/L4 and L5/S1 to decompress nerves and cord, at the same time as laminectomy and PLIF on L4/L5 to treat my spondylolisthesis.

Keep up the good work on this site :-)
  • I've had all kinds of epederal injections, facet joints, rhizotomy's, plus 6 surgeries. with 3 fusions. I tried the pain patch & no luck, now we are going to try the pain pump. Anyone out there have used this?
  • advertisement
  • Well done Bruce, this info is useful for all members from the newbie, to the most seasoned members
    One type of injection I did not notice is the caudal epidurals. I only mention this as I have had 5 over the past 5 years. It is not as widely practiced as the others you mentioned. They were helpful for me in providing meds, steroids, and other good stuff to multi-level lumbar region (mine were actually performed by NS not PM). Also was done in an OR on a call table that tilted to aid in proper distribution of meds.

Virginia
  • ** meant COOL table, that tilted.
    Virginia
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • advertisement
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I had Rfa procedure done on Monday and although it was quite painful in certain areas a my doctor inserted into some of he neves, i am in a more pain now. I understood hs would be the case but now I have excruciating groin pain and pain in my sacroiliac joint which is abnormal by he way. I currently taking 60mg of morphine twice a day but this not stopping he pain and have been taken it here times a day but now afraid to run out before I supposed to.
  • I've had my pump now for 23 days and I am at a loss about what to think. They are having trouble titrating my flow up because I become to sedated. I know it hasn't even been a month yet, but my pain is chasing me around and around. Does anyone have any advice?
  • Bruce said:
    It was my pleasure :)
    I really appreciate this. I was wondering if you have a listing for DLIF inter body lumbar fusion?
    Trish
  • edited 07/10/2014 - 1:46 AM
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.