advertisement
advertisement

Pain in my back

Hello everyone  I am brand new here and this is my first post. I was born with Spina Bifida but was not diagnosed until I was 14, I've had 7 back surgeries and I am in constant pain every single day In my back and legs. So my neurologist suggested I get a sps to see if it helps. I got it done this past June and it's been helping with my leg pain but not with my back pain. So fast forward to this past Monday I was cleaning the bathroom and bent down to scrub the tub and felt fine, well the next day I woke up with my back really sore on the left side and I'm like crap I wonder if one of the leads have messed up or moved. It is now Friday and my back is still sore on the left side. Maybe it's my muscle? Or does anyone think it could be the scs?

advertisement

Comments

• Jerome001Jerome001 Cocoa Beach, FloridaPosts: 259
    edited 02/09/2019 - 9:48 AM

Hi Jenzap, welcome! Sorry to hear your issues. Having had several SCS implants and several problems with each, in your situation, I would see my doctor ASAP. If a lead moved it needs to be corrected and if it's a muscle then you will have some peace of mind.

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 3,395
    edited 07/23/2019 - 1:08 PM

hello jenzap11!
    welcome to spine health
    all new members should take the system tutorial

i have also had a scs and problems with it. i had to have it removed a few months after implant due to permanent nerve damage.
    i agree with jerome001, you need to call your doctor. trying to guess what this pain could be will be just that, guessing.
    take care, call your doctor and keep us posted.

• advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.