advertisement

In this Discussion

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

Harrington Rods

Hi

I’m new here. Has anyone had their Harrington Rods removed. Mine have been in for over 40 years now and are causing unbearable pain. I’ve been trying to find a Dr brave enough to remove them . Has anyone here had theirs removed?

advertisement

Comments

• WLLadyWLLady Ontario CanadaPosts: 1,480

hi tamarawarner1!!

i just want to welcome you to spine health!! i have no experience with having rods removed (i just had rods put in 2 years ago) ....i know there are a couole peooke around on the forum that have tho and hopefully they will stop by soon. 

have you talked with your doctor about the pain you are having? are they the old harrington rods secured only at the too and bottom levels?  do you have a pain control plan in place in the meantime? 

again welcome to the forum!!!  i hope you can find some relief from the pain....

Kathy
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Dec '16 T10-S2 fusion with pelvic fixation. Laminectomies L2, L3, L4, L5, facet removal, cages L4-5, L5-S1, severe scoliosis, arthritis and stenosis repair. 

Sign In or Join Us to comment.