advertisement
advertisement

Fusion

HI I'm Joe

I'm new to this group but I was in a bicycle accident and broke my neck. I had to have emergency surgery and now I have a plate,8 screws and 2 rods in my neck. This happened at the end of April and is February now and I'm still in extreme pain. And to top it off a year before this happen I blew 2 disc out in my lower back and had surgery on them. I'm only 34 and sit around in pain all day. What can I do to help my pain. 

advertisement

Comments

• WLLadyWLLady Ontario CanadaPosts: 844

Hi stires85

Welcome to the forum!!

Have you talked with your doctor about the pain and finding out where the pain is coming from?  That woukd be the first step in all this. Is it nerve pain or muscular or ...?  Imaging can help to diagnose that.  Also talking with your surgeon.  Did you have any physiotherapy after the injury or surgery?  Your doctors should be able to help you with a pain management program too.  No one on the forum can recommend any treatments-your doctor really knows best what to do.  Can you please call them and get in to see them?  A lot of the treatment will depend on what is causing your pain.

• stires85- Are you in pain management? Pain management doctors often times are really good at deciding where your pain is coming from and getting you the proper treatments to control it.

• advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.