advertisement
advertisement

Constant clicking sound when turning my head in one direction - NO PAIN

Comments

• I've had the same clicking that most people have described here. Glad to know I'm not alone but it's discouraging to read some of the stories in here. It's been 2 weeks for me.

I've had no pain so far at least, but the clicking is driving me insane. Particularly because I'm an avid golfer. I'm worried that this might be long term and I'm never going to feel comfortable swinging a club. It's honestly unbearable, I'm not sure if I can get used to it. And I'm not sure if I'm causing further damage by swinging each time.

So far I've seen my doctor and a physio. Neither of them are concerned, but only because I have no other symptoms. They've even said that continuing to play golf should be fine. But as all of you know, the clicking really doesn't feel harmless, and it's incredibly uncomfortable.

The physio has been trying to stretch my neck out (which was definitely stiff and needed a stretch), and I've been stretching my neck daily and applying a heat pack. The clicking has still been persistent no matter what. We're basically hoping it goes away, and then we'll reassess if it remains in another week. I get the feeling this won't go away...

• Did you crack go away?

• advertisement
  • Nope it's been about 3 weeks now. The same clicking every time I turn my head to the left. I'm seeing a physio and also going back to my GP to reassess.

I just noticed something interesting though. If I open my jaw wide and then turn my head, there's no clicking. So I guess I have a way to avoid it for the time being...

• Same issue here. Got a cervical MRI. It was fine. Did anyone clicking resolve? 

• I'm about 7 weeks in now. Same clicking. Nothing's changed.

I had an MRI, no problems other than some mild bulging discs. Everyone I've seen has basically said the clicking is a mystery and to keep resting. I don't know what to do.

The more I move my head, the tighter my muscles/joints get. I tried to play a bit of golf to see where I was at and I ended up having pain shooting down my left arm. So I'm pretty depressed that I can't play golf indefinitely. And day-to-day that clicking is always uncomfortable.

I'm convinced it's a ligament issue. Someone mentioned it here, ligament laxity. But from what I've read it's very difficult to diagnose and treat. Prolotherapy is the only thing I've heard that claims to have success. So maybe that's worth looking into...

• advertisement
  • PriapelloPPriapello Posts: 1
    edited 07/31/2020 - 2:46 PM
    Hi all, same issue here. I also have the clicking sound every time i turn my head left.

I highly suspect it was caused by using a weighted neck trainer for bodybuilding.
    What i've tried: stretching (did not work).
    I have it for about 3 years now and the situation didn't change at all.

It doesn't bother me in everyday life, the only exception is running, where i need to look slightly to the right to avoid getting a constant clicking.

With an open jaw i still get the clicking. But i can press on the left side of my neck, where the neck muscles attach, to make it stop. I'm not exactly sure which muscle it is, maybe Splenius capitis or Semispinalis capitis.
  • Those of you still reading this thread, I have a suggestion: Upper Cervical Chiropractic, specifically Atlas alignment. Go on google, do some research of people who have atlas misalignment, many of the symptoms I see here are the same or similar. I have been experiencing some of these, including the change in ear pressure, neck clicking, stiffness, brain fog etc. I am going on Tuesday to see my local Upper Cervical Chiropractor. The testimonies all seem great. Will update here if it goes well. Don't lose hope.

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.