advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Beautiful morning

Comments

• Hi Everyone
    Talking my kind of fun and a true way of getting the mind off even a little of pain and crap. 
    My Grandson gave me three of my favorite spinners used for trout fishing. He has high hopes for his grandma being by his side this summer. That is when it hits hard is I would give so much to be on a river with him and is still a goal I have. He started fly fishing last year and shocked me how fast he got it. He inherited two old bamboo fly rods made by my friends great great grandpa.  
    Anyways enjoy and would love to hear more fish stories.
    Sherri

• Sherri, Don’t let the pain stop you from doing what you love as long as your not injuring yourself. I have 4 grandchildren, 2 grandsons and 2 granddaughters. I want them to know there is a real life that doesn’t require the internet or TV. I have always lived next to the ocean and it’s kinda funny you mention trout fishing, watching the deer and eagles coming around. That sounds totally surreal to me as us Floridians take a vacation we head to the mountains, envious of those that live in such a beautiful place. Yet those people come to Florida with our hot summers, sandy beaches, year round fishing and think..these people have it made lol. The grass always seems greener. Regardless true nature takes our minds off our problems as we try and see life through our grandchildren’s eyes and watching their amazement as they see something new. Yes we hurt afterwards but to me that day or 2 of increased pain is worth it. I know when I am finally gone from this life, My grandchildren will remember these times and hopefully teach their children and grandchildren the same.....David

DavidG

Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

• advertisement
  • Dave, 

So much of what you said above is so true.  My best memories of my childhood are those of my Grandfather taking me fishing.  We used to go to the Outer Banks a lot of weekends and fish together.  He was such a kind and gentle man.  I loved him so.  I miss him so much also.  I inherited his spine issues as he walked with a cane in his finals years as he had really bad DDD.  I now see so much of him in myself. 

In turn I instilled my love of fishing in my daughter.  She loves the sound of the ocean and walking in the sand.  Oh to be young and health again!!!

dmo

• Dale, I often say I wished what I know now 20 years ago! Things definitely would be different. It’s hard at times to look back and reminence of our younger years when we were indestructible!......David

DavidG

• Hi David
    You are so so right  about memories and pain did not keep me from spending time with him and family for years but wow this last few years took a ugly turn. He and I are super close which I thank God above for every day of my life. Most 15 year old don't chose to spend spring break with their old grandma at the cabin fishing but he did. He is the long hair bass/guitar rock and jazz player plus Honor student. There I go bragging again cannot help myself. His sister was born when the family was young and had time to go out more to enjoy nature by the time my grandson came along he missed out on so much. I made it a point to get him out in the dirt and trees Ha Ha. He has friends who have never been in the mountains or know what it is to see a deer or rabbit in nature. 
    Do yours live close enough you get to spend time with them I hope so. Mine just live a few minutes away which has made it easy to get together. 

You and I see eye to eye on what you say kids spending all that time with electronics. I do say they have their place but I was raised were we could not wait to get out in the hills not in front of the TV. We don't have internet at our cabin or TV some complain but he is not one of them out on the river, finding snakes and frogs you name it.
    So true we all think the grass is greener but I watch every show I can about other places including Florida so much beauty everywhere.
    Would of loved to fish in Alaska, Argentina or New Zealand the rivers there are gorgeous. Sad thing about Utah is in the last 15 years people have moved in and it is now hard to find a place to fish without someone in your face. I hate that big time but money talks right so many sold for development. I have those memories they never will. 
    My son has on his bucket list to fish the shallow waters in Florida for Bone Fish do you do that? 
    My dream too that my family will remember and treasure passing their nature experiences on to the future generations. 
    You get me going on outdoors stuff and I will rant away just talking about it takes my mind off the body stalkers for a bit sorry.
    Fish away or whatever in nature right?
    Take care Sherri

• advertisement
  • Sherri, your grandson was raised in the right way! I completely agree about electronics, there’s a place for them but not to make a life of them. I actually live in north east Fl on the Atlantic side roughly 2 miles from fishing. I bought a flats boat in Dec of 2018 after owning mostly offshore boats all my life. I typically fish the intracoastal but when the cobia run, you’ll see me about 3 miles off the beach chasing them. Typically around May. True flats fishing is typically done further in the keys. As a kid, I was raised in key west since my dad was in the Navy. That where I started fishing and haven’t quit.Like you, our grandchildren are younger with the oldest being 11. My wife and I married young, I was 18 and she was 17. June will be 41 years for us. My wife has family in Virgina/ Tennessee area and many times I’ve considered selling here and moving up there. It seems like a simpler life. Florida is definitely overdeveloped, crime rate is high, and the cost of living is high and more expensive the further south you go. Secondly, the thought of moving and getting reastiblished makes me think of all the hard work would be. In Scott County Virginia, I could get a nice house on 50 acres for what I could sell this place for. Their realastate is extremely low there! I cannot remember the last time I’ve actually seen a firefly! But my life revolves around nature whether on the water or in the woods. This injury and surgery put a slight damper in it but I won’t let it stop me lol. Let your grandson know if he’s ever in this area, then look me up! I’ll put him on top of some fish......David

DavidG

• Sherri, the invitation for your son holds as well! Let your Grandson know that my 1st Brother-in-law Danny Clausman was the Bass player for the Johnny Van Zant Band and my best friend growing up was Eric Lundgren lead guitar player for the same band..David

DavidG

• Hi David
    It is a beautiful day here in Utah helps the mental and physical for sure. I was going to say I understand why people move to warmer areas as they get older and pain is a issue. Northern Utah has the seasons gets cold and southern part is warm so a lot of these people move down there. It has some fishing but not as much. For the most part the kind of fishing I like as you know live in cold water. So surprised I researched Florida and low and behold you do have several kinds of trout. Some are called speckled trout and are beautiful. I will spend some time checking your state out have not seen much on the discovery channel. 
    The fishing you do sounds just as exciting and you have give your family a gift for sure. Congrates on the long marriage that is a thing to celebrate not many make it that long and are happy. 
    Tennessee and Virginia have amazing country so different than here and so beautiful. The forests there from what I have seen on TV are thick and so many rivers and streams love it. I am sure that real-state is cheaper but home is home right plus I agree to move it would be hard. We had plans to move out to the country with the family but things changed and sadly we don't get out to the cabin like we want. It was flooded twice took a huge toll on the road and land plus think it is headed for it again this year. 
    Seriously you are so kind and I will let them know there is this nice guy in Florida who would hook them up. That would be a dream come true for them both. 
    Seriously you know those guys from that band. I will have to tell him for sure and will be jealous he and I love that kind of music. Were you able to get any pictures and things with them great memories. Music is a huge part of my familys life too Jazz, old rock and roll, plus several other types for me. 
    Enjoy and lets hope others do their best to enjoy nature as much as they can like you said it helps so much.
    Wow I cannot figure out how to get rid of the big space below oh well.
    Sherri

• David I made a comment about the space below but it only shows up when you do your message and then disappears when you post. Funny stressed me out for some reason but thank heavens it is gone.
    Have a great day. 
    Sherri

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.