advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

C5-6 herniation

Hey all, I have suffered from neck pain for over a decade now. I am 29 now but was in a few car accidents when I was young 20s. I now have a moderate herniation at c5-6 with cord impingment and a bone spur at c7-t1. My dr wants to try 3 rounds of shots before surgery. I had the first shot last week and I haven't had any relief. In fact the shot caused more pain. I am a medical assistant and trying to work still, I'm in pain every day and some says I cant move now. My dr only gave me tramadol which is a joke. Am I crazy to try to work still?

advertisement

Comments

• challengercchallenger Posts: 1,230
    edited 07/16/2019 - 9:32 AM

chelle89

Welcome to Spine Health

As far as work goes, no one can answer that question but you and your doctor, if your doctor does not think you are doing damage and you can stand the pain then working is a good thing. Good luck to you and keep us posted on your progress.

Chip

challenger
    Veritas-Health Moderator

• Why don’t you try cervical manipulation? Try alternative modes of treatment if at all you are comfortable with it. Acupressure could be of great help if you want a drug-free treatment

• advertisement
  • Is the pain localized to your neck? And are there any positions that help you with the pain or does bracing your neck help at all? You may talk to your company about working part-time for awhile if you can, I'm considering the same thing.

• nutcase007nnutcase007 United StatesPosts: 937
    chelle89 - You asked about disability.  Maybe it is worth talking with you doctor(s) about a short time off from work, be it vacation, unpaid time-off or maybe short term disability until you go through injections or even possible physical therapy until you get a diagnosis.  If it looks like you might be going down the surgical route, you likely want to try to reserve short term disability for surgical time off and recovery. 

If you were thinking about long term disability, the general intent of long term disability is reserved for when all else fails and you are documented to not be able to work.  LTD is a long drawn out process and as written earlier, the younger you are, typically the more difficult to get approved.

Again, discuss with your doctor, because any disability time off has to have his/her input.
  • The original poster hasn’t been online in over 30 days. Just FYI.

• advertisement
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.