advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

Radio Frequency Ablation (L3-L4-L5)

I have read all the pertinent info on this procedure but it is still making me nervous for some reason.  Has anyone had this done, which I assume they have, can you give me your personal experience on it to maybe set my mind at ease?  I do understand that everyone's experience is different, but anything to put my mind at ease would be welcomed.  Thanks a lot.

advertisement

Comments

• I had an RFA done July 2018 L4 L5 unfortunately it did not work for me. Not sure at this point if I have nerve or joint issues still trying to figure that out. It was not a painful procedure for me. I was back to work the next day. I did have relief for about 3 days. I wish you luck. The nerves do grow back 6 months to a year. I have another friend of mine that had good success. 

• I had a thoracic RFA in 2016 and was pain free for 3 years. I just had a reparations thoracic RFA yesterday and plan on a lumbar in a couple of weeks. 

• advertisement
  • Thanks a lot for sharing your experience, it helps to hear some positive stories about it.  Fingers Crossed!

• Best of luck. My above comment should have read “repeat thoracic RFA””. 

• I have had RFA procedures for L4-L5, and L5-S3. They worked for me. The key (I have found) is to go home and lie down on ice packs for the remainder of the day. I was forced to go into the office after one of the SI joint RFA procedures, and was in serious pain for a week. 

• advertisement
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.