advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

Spinal fibrosis with radicular pain

Hello, I am 50, was operated on L5 S1 left side, a laminectonomy 30 years ago.

I did well many years, I had problems in 1992, and 2004, pain referred to my left leg.

MRI showed fibrosis touching my L5S1 left nerve root.

I managed my previous pains with betametasona epidural shots.

Now, after 15 years the same pain has come again.

This time, my pain has been increasing little by little, I cannot lie on my back in bet, let alone on the floor . It hurts a lot early in the morning when getting up, it goes out after walking with pain for 10 minutes or more.

The more I stay in bed the more I must walk or be stood up for a while. Even in the afternoon when I am pain free due to walking or being not in bed I feel pain in any situation I lie on my back.

No medicine helps, I am ready to face a new epidural shot,  last time took 2 of them to get the efect.

Have any these syntoms? strong pain when lying, early in the morning and in the first hour that fades when standing or walking.

Any help is welcome

ybot

advertisement

Comments

• challengercchallenger Posts: 1,238
    edited 07/16/2019 - 9:57 AM

ybot

Welcome to the Veritas Health Forum

Learn How to Use the Forum - Take the System Tutorial

I have had problems with it in the past, surgeon removed as much as he could after my last lumbar fusion surgery in 2015, so far i have not had a problem since, but i am sure it will come back. good luck and keep us posted.
    chip

challenger
    Veritas-Health Moderator

• Hello Chip, I had a MRI last week. In any time I had one, surgeons agreed my problem was fibrosis, this last time was not the exception.

I am having a L5S1 epidural shot today. My latest shot was in 2004 and it luckily worked. I hope, this time it works.

I guess, physical therapy, some core exersices and my decision to give up sports helped me to spend 15 years  with almost pain-free.

Eventhough I had no pain from 2005 to 2018 I often had problems to lie on my back when sleeping or resting, due to stiffness and pain that faded after 10 minutes walk.

As pain and stiffness use to come early in the morning and after lying on my back, some ostheopaths diagnosed muscular related problems too.

I found relief following a Canadian doctor advise on core exersices.

regards

ybot

• advertisement
  • Good luck with the shot today, I hope you get another 10 years.

challenger
    Veritas-Health Moderator

• I have just arrived from my spinal shot, surgeon said fibrosis might bother again in the future. I had surgery 30 years ago and this scar could have change its shape

• Glad your shot went O.K., as I said before I hope it gives you another 10 years of relief

challenger
    Veritas-Health Moderator

• advertisement
  • I hope so.

I guess, there must be many people who har surgery and experienced fibrosis touching a nerve root.

What physical and medical resourses have they apply? 

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.