advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Flank bulge

I had lateral fusion 3 weeks ago. Feel good but now have a significant bulge on my left flank. Not a hernia. Anyone have any similar experience?

advertisement

Comments

• WLLadyWLLady Ontario CanadaPosts: 1,489

hi bowappr

welcome to spine-health

please read new member guidelines and checklist 

learn how to use spine-health - take the system tutorial

welcome to the forum!  have you talked with the doctor about it?  i'm glad you are feeling good after the fusion.  remember it takes a long time to heal after a fusion, and if you have any questions at all that the best first resource is your doctor always.  hopefully others will be along soon to comment!
    and again, welcome to the forum!

Kathy
    Veritas-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Dec '16 T10-S2 fusion with pelvic fixation. Laminectomies L2, L3, L4, L5, facet removal, cages L4-5, L5-S1, severe scoliosis, arthritis and stenosis repair. 

• I’d ask your doctor. After my injury I developed a significant bulge on my right flank. It hasn’t gone back to normal since and no one knows why or even what is causing the bulge.

It’s like a strained muscle but I’ve never heard of a strained muscle lasting three years.

I hope you don’t have to wait three years like me. I’m still at square one.

• advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.