advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Glute, hamstring, groin and sciatica nerve Pain

Comments

• I hope you start getting relief soon from the hip labrum surgery. I'm assuming the hip/pelvic MRI with contrast would should tendinitis or a glute tear, right? Or did the hip MRI mostly try to source the groin pain instead of the outer hip area pain? Did it visualize the piriformis? That was what I wondered when I read your posts, maybe it was some kind of soft tissue injury in the hip muscle area. I'm not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV, but that was my first suspect, but then I'd have thought your MRI &/or surgery would show that. 

I hope you get answers soon, and please keep us posted. I've been dealing with very similar pains myself since Feb. 2017, after a high impact car accident. My back was investigated as the source of my pain, I do have 3 bulging discs in my lumbar spine but nothing to explain the siatica and foot numbness. So now the doctor is thinking hip. I'm thinking since the hip injection I had last week hasn't helped, I'll most likely get a hip MRI soon, too. I wish I had answers for both of us! But unfortunately, a lot of this is trial & error. And I think that it's not uncommon to have 2 or more injuries in these overlapping areas. Regardless though feel better soon! Let us know how your MRI with contrast in your lumbar spine goes. Also, maybe you could ask your doctor about an extension/flexion x-ray as well. Maybe you've got stability issues causing pain, too???!!! Just another idea that may, may not be worth pursing. Hang in there!

• dilauroddilauro ConnecticutPosts: 12,609

Have they ever done a X-ray of your hips?

Osteoarthritis damage to bone joints are easier to picked up from X-rays than mris

• advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.