advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Someone emergency surgery

So after a long time of what I thought was maxing forward progression on getting better I lost my ability to control my bladder so loOKs like I'll be getting  a surgery tomorrow out of no where after not seeing pain management for over a year seems random but I guess its better if I get my leg pain under control 

advertisement

Comments

• Crystal, try and look at it in a positive way! That’s one problem you want addressed as soon as possible before it becomes a permanent problem. Prayers and a bright outcome heading your way!.....David

DavidG

Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

• Yeah I am looking at it like a blessing I've had chronic pain back and forth for 2 years the funny thing is I was going through a good strech and all of a sudden friday I was in pain and today sunday I woke up with wet pants and needed to go to er. I've debated surgery in the past because when it's bad it's really bad but everyone always said wait so I'm kind of glad the decision was made for me. 

• advertisement
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,480

I am so sorry to read about what happened. But sometimes a good will come out of a bad. Good luck on your surgery today, I hope everything goes well. Keep us posted when you feel better.

Sandra
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical Story  
  • Well I had an emergency l5/s1 laminectomy. I am up and walking but so far my bladder isn't working so they sent me home with a catheter at least I'm home... at least I can walk and at least I'm mostly pain free minus the incision site and the numbness on my butt and other than that I'm feeling really good I know it's a miracle but I am pretty depressed about the bladder function although the surgeon said it's pretty typical for it to take up to 3 weeks

• Crystal, it’s great to hear things are getting better! Have patience and know it takes a little healing time. Please keep us updated....David 

DavidG

• advertisement
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,480

Crystal
    Please don't be depressed about the bladder function, give it time. You've gone through the pain for 2 yrs and now it's gone!! 
    Take care and recover well.

Sandra
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical Story  
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.