advertisement
advertisement

new MRI results- how to make sense of them?

Comments

• hunttuxhhunttux Posts: 6
    edited 03/21/2019 - 7:37 AM

[edit]- what is wrong with you people. I was pretty damn clear, although you moderators seem hell bent on turning everything into a violation. What is the point of a support forum when you try to limit all forms of potential support?!

You moderators May need to re-evaluate what your mission here and whether you are furthering it. 

Good thing the internet is a big place- I will move along and find somewhere that doesn’t try their hardest to put up roadblocks for people looking for help/Hope  

Give your collective heads a shake!

------------------- Objective and Mission

We Do Not Provide Medical Advice

The Information that you obtain or receive from Veritas Health, LLC and its employees, contractors, partners, sponsors, advertisers, licensors or otherwise on Veritas Health properties is for informational purposes only. All published medically related information is reviewed by independent health care professionals and organizations working in conjunction with Veritas Health, LLC. All information is (i) provided by independent health care professionals and organizations, (ii) for informational purposes only, and (iii) do not establish any patient/doctor relationship.

THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SITE AND IN ANY OTHER COMMUNICATIONS FROM/OR PROVIDED THROUGH VERITAS HEALTH, LLC, IS NOT INTENDED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR, NOR DOES IT REPLACE, PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, OR TREATMENT.

DO NOT DISREGARD, AVOID, OR DELAY OBTAINING MEDICAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU MAY HAVE READ ON THE SITE. DO NOT USE THE SITE FOR EMERGENCY MEDICAL NEEDS.

IF YOU EXPERIENCE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY CALL 911.

YOUR USE OF INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SITE IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. NOTHING STATED OR POSTED ON THE SITE OR AVAILABLE THROUGH ANY SERVICES IS INTENDED TO BE, AND MUST NOT BE TAKEN TO BE, THE PRACTICE OF MEDICINE OR THE PROVISION OF MEDICAL CARE.

We do not recommend or endorse any specific tests, doctors, health care providers, procedures, opinions, or other information that may appear on Veritas Health properties. If you rely on any of the Information provided by the Site, you do so solely at your own risk.

• I am sorry you feel that way, I personally think I have given you some very good information and advice, although it was not what you wanted, I am really not sure what it is that you want, you said you wanted validation of your symptoms, so people would take you seriously, I gave you that, if you want me to tell you that you need surgery, I am not qualified to make that decision, if you find somebody else on the BIG internet that does tell you that, THEY ARE A FOOL.

Good luck to you, by the way if you decide to stay here you will be welcome but your profanity will not.

Chip

• advertisement
  • LizLiz Posts: 2,273

hunttux

I edited your original discussion to remove the sentence referring to the link which you posted wrong so your images didn't show up. This sentence then made no sense. I did not remove the image.

You wrote...........

"am i correct in looking at that image and thinking that bulge(s) is the cause of all my pain? " 

Asking for opinions is not permitted as there are no medical professionals and members would have commented to tell you so.

• Question for moderator Liz: how have you avoided surgery so far for spinal stenosis? My doctor does not want to cut into my neck but the pain has been excruciating while waiting for lumbar surgery and not being allowed to take meds anymore. He suggested more PT or Radiofrequency ablation, which I’m not too sure about. Thanks!

• Meant to put cervical spinal stenosis

• advertisement
  • Joel1QJJoel1Q Posts: 235
    edited 03/21/2019 - 10:19 PM

Huntux 

Hope you hang around. In Aug 2017 my lumbar MRI showed four nerve impingements, two at L3/L4, one at L4/L5 and one at L5/S1.  I had the mandatory 6 weeks of physical therapy before my insurance even approved the MRI.  I then had 5 steroid injections, none of which really helped.  Continued PT during this time but did not improve at all. My pain dr at the time suggested a surgeon consult and I finally had three level lumbar surgery, fusion, decompression, 3 cages, loads of screws and rods and screws on the back side in Feb/Mar 2018.  

A year later I still deal with SI joint disfunction and neuropathy like pain in my lower legs and feet, along with numbness of most of my feet and all of my toes. 

One word of advise if you end up going the surgical route or not, try your hardest not to rely on opiates for pain relelief unless your pain mandates and Drs prescribe it.  It’s so hard to get off them once you rely on them for long periods of time. 

• LizLiz Posts: 2,273

pekelover 

I had surgery for lumber stenosis in 1996, I was satisfied with outcome I consider it a success although  I have some nerve damage and scar tissue. I was diagnosed with cervical stenosis soon after but so far avoided surgery.

• Jerome001Jerome001 Cocoa Beach, FloridaPosts: 259

hunttux, my surgeon does not read the radiologist MRI report. I rarely see the radiologist reports.  My surgeon reviews the MRI images to diagnose my pain and determine how to proceed. He sees so many spines, up close and personal, that I presume he knows best. That's just my doc though and I don't know about others.

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.