advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

Lower back pain

I started having lower back pain 3 weeks ago between going to PT and steroids I now walk with a walker and i'm very week in my legs and feet Help tell me what's going on 

advertisement

Comments

• I had yearly sciatic pain in butt and down my legs it was so serve this year that they put me on steroids and the sent me to PT  while i was in PT the pain got so severe the my core got weak and by week 2 i was on a walker, 

i went to the orthopedic doctor they did an MRI and found i have moderate degenerative disc change at L4 L3and L4 and L5 and they say it's herniated and they want to do surgery.

My legs are so weak I can barley stand and when i do stand it hurts but I'm afraid of surgery any other ideas 

• advertisement
  • challengercchallenger Posts: 1,206
    edited 07/16/2019 - 2:26 PM

MarcusB

Good luck and keep us posted

Chip

• I'm in the first week post surgery L5 L4 herniated disk issues, I can stand taller than i did before although i find my feet and legs are still numb, i have slight pain but not bad as it was i go for my post op appointment next week is it normal to still have numbness my weakness has gone away totally just the numbness now

• challengercchallenger Posts: 1,206
    edited 07/16/2019 - 2:26 PM

Marcus

Take it easy and give yourself time to heal, follow all your doctor's instructions

Chip

• advertisement
  • i noticed my legs feel heavy is that normal?

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.