advertisement
advertisement

Success story

I hope this will be the last time I post. After four years of chronic pain and two lumbar spinal fusion surgeries, I am pain free. Wish I had sought a second opinion and had the second surgery sooner, but I was so reluctant to roll the dice again and possibly have the same or worse outcome. I know I will never be in the clear and may need more surgery in future, but for now I have my life back so it will be worth it. I was house-bound and on heavy medication, now I take NO medicine. It’s been 6 weeks. Outpatient PT is going easy. I have some things on my side— my age, my weight, the fact that I worked hard in PT to get in good shape for so many years (didn’t help stop the pain from increasing steadily). And of course an excellent surgeon who spent 7 hours fixing the mess in my back caused by the first surgery. If I am never heard from again on this forum, you will know why! Best wishes and good luck to everyone on this road. 

advertisement

Comments

• Momdown

Glad to hear you are doing so much better, but would really hate to see you leave the forum, your story and experience could be very helpful to other members.

Chip

• Momdown, thanks for sharing your experiences with all of us. This forum - with failure and success stories - have been extremely useful to me. I wish you all the best.

• advertisement
  • Thank you for your success story- it’s so good to read something hopeful

Sign In or Join Us to comment.