advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Looking at 3rd Lumbar surgery

In 2008 my husband broke a piece of his L5 vertebrae the surgical removed it and things were ok for 4 years then he broke another bigger piece of his L5 they again surgically removed it but informed us after surgery there was much left and if/when it happens again he would probably have to fuse it. He has constant leg pain since surgery but this week he started urgent need to urinate and an ache in his testicules. Urgent care ruled out UTI so I have a feeling we maybe heading back into surgery. I am really nervous about fusion. Curious how many regrets there are here about having fusion or how many got real relief? I have been searching for other options to fusion. The other two injuries and surgeries happened so fast there was no time to do any research for other options, this time I want to be more informed before we go to the Dr. Thanks in advance for any help/info.
advertisement

Comments

• LizLiz Posts: 9,699
    edited 03/30/2019 - 4:12 PM

Liz, 

Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,479

TRgram

Beside the link Liz sent you, go to the right of the page to Surgery Buddies. Click on Jan., Feb or March. There you will find members discussing their surgery and recoveries. A lot of good information there.

Good luck to both of you and keep us posted.

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical Story  
  • advertisement
  • challengercchallenger Posts: 1,259
    edited Today 4:29 PM

TRgram

I have a 3 level lumbar fusion, L3-L5, like you and your husband I was scared to death of fusion surgery, I fought against having it for 6 years, I wish now that I had went ahead when it was first offered, but as far as pain relief it worked very well for me.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask me.

Chip

challenger
    Veritas-Health Moderator

Sign In or Join Us to comment.