In this Discussion

advertisement

Underlying cogential central canal stenosis

JRHTJJRHT Posts: 1
edited 04/01/2019 - 2:49 AM in New to Pain

Underlying cogential central canal stenosis

2. Mild degenerative disk and moderate to severe degenerative facet changes

3. Grade 1 anterolisthesis at L4 and L5

4. Moderate to severe central canal stenosis at L4 L5.Disk and facets likely impinge the bilateral L5 nerve roots. Left greater than right due to superimposed left synovial cyst

5. Mild central canal stenosis at L2 and L3.Subtle left paracentral protrusion contacts the traversing left L3 nerve root.

6. 1.9 cm left paracentral disk extrusion at L1 L2 contributes to mild central canal stenosis and may contact the traversing right L2 nerve

7. Mild central canal stenosis at L3 L4 Disk may contact the bilateral traversing L4 nerve

8. Mild to moderate neural foramen stenosis at L4 L5
I am 57 years old. Have been in severe sciatic pain for 3 weeks. Cannot walk or stand for long. I have seen my GP and had acupuncture which put me in severe pain. I have done stretching. 

advertisement

Comments

• LizLiz Posts: 2,255
    edited 07/23/2019 - 1:08 PM

hello jrht

Welcome to Veritas Health Forum

there are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

this includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test 

mild

treated with conservative measures such as physical therapy and mild medications.  many times these situations can be cleared up and the condition can be resolved without any additional treatments.

moderate 

some more treatments may be needed, such as spinal injections, ultra sound and stronger medications.  there are always the possibility of more aggressive treatments if the conservative measures have not helped.  most of the time, surgery is not an immediate solution.

severe 

need for stronger medications would be required.   surgery may be necessary to correct the condition

another key word to look for is unremarkable.  that is a positive statement

Learn how to use Veritas Health Forum - see the tutorial 

new member information guideline / checklist 

Sign In or Join Us to comment.