advertisement
advertisement

Acdf vs acdr and what to expect

Hi, I am 36 years old and have been dealing with neck, and left arm pain and numbness since Dec. I recently took an MRI and found that I have a herniated disc at c3/c4 and it is pressing on the spinal cord and causing some stenosis. I also have ddd on c6/c7 with bone spurs. Two weeks ago I had a steroid epidural injection in my t1/c7 and I am feeling even worse then before. I finally saw a surgeon and he said it is past time for surgery. He gave me the option between a fusion  and a replacement.  I am also going for a nerve block to make sure it is the c3/c4 causing all the pain. If it’s not the culprit then I will possibly have to fuse c3-c7. I am so nervous and don’t even know where to start. Any info and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Especially on the comparison and limitations of both. 

Thanks!!!

advertisement

Comments

• challengercchallenger Posts: 1,182
    edited 07/16/2019 - 4:34 PM

jenniey21

Welcome to the Veritas Health Forum

Learn How to Use the Forum - Take the System Tutorial

sorry that you are dealing with this, i can't comment on disc replacement, but i have had acdf c4-c7, i was not offered replacement because of multiple disc ruptures.as far as the surgery, i did not think it was all that bad, recovery was the hardest part for me, i was only required to wear a soft collar when in a vehicle, so remembering not to turn my head was hard, i was allowed some movement, but told not to look down or up for 2 weeks, that's a hard thing to remember.good luck to you and keep us posted.
    chip
  • challengercchallenger Posts: 1,182
    edited 07/16/2019 - 4:35 PM

I meant to post this link that may be helpful to you.

• advertisement
  • I meant to post this link that may be helpful to you.

All you need to know about Cervical Surgeries 

• I had cervical ADR. It was very successful. Recovery was fast and easy for me. Do your research. ADR is gaining traction in the US.

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.