advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

5 months after Microdiscectomy

I had my microdiscectomy November 1st 2018, After 6 weeks the doctor said I was healing slowly so he kept me off another 6 weeks with physical therapy . At 12 weeks he released me to light duty, no lifting over 25, no bending, twisting, etc. Due to all the limitations my job did not want me to work until I was completely released. I will not be released until I go back to the dr at the end of May. Has anyone had to wait this long?

My next question on April 1st, 5 months after I had my surgery my back is back in pain. I can still walk so I know it is not as bad as when I had the surgery, but it is bad enough to make me think before I do anything. I am trying to figure  out if my surgery was suppose to fix my problem for good, or is this something to help ease it for a while. The dr said if I get back to where I can't walk again to call, but it is like where it all started. Should I wait to see what happens, or go a head and call the dr. Is it normal to go back to having back pain? I am just lost at what to do.

Thanks in advance

advertisement

Comments

• Thanks, think I'll wait and see how it feels Monday

• advertisement
  • Have you had a new MRI yet? I was in your shoes. Sure enough, it's still herniated. My revision surgery is Thursday. Get an MRI!

• I am going back to the Doctor tomorrow. Nurse said Dr will determine then if I get another MRI. Why are you getting a revision instead of a fusion? I just want it fixed. I hate not knowing if I'm going to be able to walk when I wake up. My husband bought me a wheelchair for the bad days and at 37 years old I just hate the thought. Praying your surgery goes great this time

• Well I went to the Dr today and they are scheduling another MRI and an xray of me bending backwards and forwards. Guess they will figure it out. Just have to get it done then next appointment is at the end of May

• advertisement
  • are you only having back pain? If so, hopefully you surgeon informed you that a MD does not fix back pain, it fixes sciatic pain in extremities (others, correct me if I am wrong).

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.