advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

Cauda equina syndrome

Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm trying to gauge where I am in recovery but there is little information about recovery time limes. 

advertisement

Comments

• I have it I had emergency surgery for it... more was looking to see if anyone has had surgery and what their recovery was like. 

• trixttrix LiverpoolPosts: 35

I had emergency surgery for it and two further surgeries afterwards. Still in a bad way sadly 

• advertisement
  • If you don't mind me asking, what were the symptoms that you were experiencing that led them to this diagnosis?  Thanks.

• @Richardson I've had chronic sciatica for about 2 years but was told it wasn't bad enough for surgery.  2 days before my surgery I had what I assumed was a really bad flare up and struggled through my work day barely able to walk (I have a standing job). The next day I drove to work but decided I needed to go home the pain was too bad. I went home took a nap woke up and when I stood up there was pee everywhere so off to the er I went. They did and mri saw that my disk blew out all the way and surgery the next day. Crazy to me that my disk blew out like that with no apparent reason. I'm lucky I can walk find just working on distance and speed. So far my bowel is mostly normal but my bladder is not... I'm having to self catheterize 4 times a day. 

From all my reading here I pretty much knew what was going to happen but of course the doctors make it seem like you will be right as rain 3 weeks later which is not the case. I lucked out because my dad just had neck surgery so I knew an er that had excellent neurosurgeons on call so I just went to that er. 

• @crystalclarinet, I appreciate your response.  Hope things work out for you. 

• advertisement
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.