advertisement
advertisement

Nevro Spinal Cord Simulator

I had the Nevro Spinal Cord Stimulator inserted in December, 2017.   I had to have it removed in August, 2018.

Having this device inserted was one of the worst decisions of my life.  Once this device was inside me, one day (for a lack of a better description,) it felt like something exploded.  It needed to be removed ASAP.  The pain was terrible and still is.  Once it was removed, I was left with an imbalance problem and kept falling...falling everywhere, nerve damage, a toe that sticks up at times which makes it very difficult to wear a shoe and leg spasms which wake me at night.  I've stopped falling but it is still difficult to walk and my gait is different.  I also herniated another disc in one of the falls and the pain is almost unbearable at times.

I've posted this because maybe it can help someone else.  

advertisement

Comments

• challengercchallenger Posts: 1,179
    edited 07/17/2019 - 1:41 PM

katiebuer

Welcome to the Veritas Health Forum

Learn How to Use the Forum - Take the System Tutorial

i am sorry that you had this problem with your stimulator, i understand that there are patients that do not do well with them. i was one of the lucky one's, i had one for several years and got relief from it, i wish i still had it, stopped working after fusion surgery, had it removed during another fusion surgery.
    has there been any decision about what to do with the herniated disc? 
    the last thing i will tell you is that you have come to the right place for understanding of what you have going on, we have many members that know what you are feeling, and believe me talking to others that understand is the best possible thing that you can do, never hesitate to come on here and vent your frustration and get very good advice about how to handle certain situations.
    take care and keep us posted on your progress.
    chip 
  • What kind of testing is done to know if you may benefit at all?

• advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.