advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

Having to ice for two hours after working out

Comments

• When you say you have a bad disc what exactly do you mean? Can you offer any specifics?

• Hi Josh - I feel terrible for you.  You are so young - 30 years younger than I am and my back pain has only just started! This lower back pain I'm dealing with leaves me feeling clinically depressed and hopeless at times.  I can't even begin to imagine what you're going through.  One thing I will say, you should not be seeing any doctor who would ever claim that you are "crazy"!  Of course, doctors are human and only know what they know - they can't feel what their patient feels exactly.  Have you considered trying either "hot" yoga or swimming as an exercise routine?  Have you been prescribed Gabapentin and given that a try?   Otherwise, I would agree that it's time for you to demand surgical treatment since it sounds like you've exhausted all available options.  Of course, going down this road you need to find the BEST spine surgeon available.  I would seek out a few referrals and meet with them about any course of action they'd take.  I'd consider a medical research university if there is one near you, or at least a hospital that embraces the latest technology.  The spine surgery success rate is around 70-80%.  I'd prefer 100% but if you are in generally good health I imagine you're chances for success are in that 70-80% range.  Of course, the longer you can hang on the better chances technology will improve the process (you've got more time than I do, that's for sure!).  Sending you positive thoughts and strength...

• advertisement
  • My two cents. Working out should not be your first priority. If it is vanity driven, perhaps you change your view, for the time being, and focus on diet and moderate aerobic activity. This way, if and when you return to working out, you'll be lean...which is a great place to start from. You can always rebuild muscle.

I'm speaking from experience here, as I do on some level, share your sentiments

• @joshgordon I feel for you man, I am 39 years old and have been dealing with this for over a decade.  I know how depressing it is, especially with my two young children that I can't do anything with. Hang in there man and don't give up.  I am on to yet my 5th different doctor in the last year and a half with hopes that this one my have some new insights.  Take care man and remember that it will get better even though it seems like an uphill climb.

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.