advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

Hour drive home after discectomy- Suggestions?

I’m having a repeat discectomy tomorrow morning and am worried about the drive home as the hospital is an hour away from my house this time (last time it was 15 minutes away).   Any suggestions for comfort? I’m afraid to sit for that long too.  Thoughts?

advertisement

Comments

• mamaAsh

Take a couple of good pillows, one for your back and one next to the door to lean on, you may also want to plan a stop about half way to get out and move around a little bit.

Good luck with your surgery and let us know how you are when you feel like it.

Chip

• Thank you Chip! I plan to lay down in the back seat on the ride to surgery since sitting absolutely hurts right now. But I don’t think it will be feasible to do so without bending or twisting on the way home and don’t want to risk it.  

• advertisement
  • challengercchallenger Posts: 1,209
    edited 07/18/2019 - 1:40 PM

I think you are right about that if the driver were to slam on brakes while laying down, that would not be good.

• Chip your suggestions worked really well thank you! It also helped that they gave me a ton of meds :)  I’m officially home and in recovery!

• challengercchallenger Posts: 1,209
    edited 07/18/2019 - 1:40 PM

mamaAsh

Glad everything worked out and you are back home, now the real work starts, good ole recovery, 

Take care and keep us posted.

Chip

• advertisement
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.