advertisement

In this Discussion

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

PLDF 8 days ago and I hurt!

I had a PLDF on April 22 with fusion from L2 to L5 plus decompression and doing something to the ruptured disk between L5 and S1. I have rods and screws and bone grafts from ground up bone from the decompression. I stayed in hospital for 4 days and came home able to walk, do stairs and manage the bathroom myself. The pain management team kept my pain under control and I came home with a prescription for Percocet 5 & 325, one or two every six hours. The days are painful but evenings and nights are excruciating. It feels like someone has taken a machete to the tops of my thighs and a power saw to my spine. It is worse pain than I had in the hospital and worse than my knee replacements. My family doctor has told me to stop Percocet and take hydromorphone instead. I don’t feel any better. Is there anyone out there who can help me feel better? I am afraid it is going to hurt for ever. Why is it worse now than a week ago?

advertisement

Comments

Sign In or Join Us to comment.