advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

Weird new pain after Fusion

Hello everyone. I'm Jasper, 27. I had both a large disc herniation ( L4-5) and stenosis. Fusion was suggested by my Doctor.

Before surgery, I could not stand in more than 20 minutes, nerve compression at my back was very terrible. 15 days ago, I had MIS TLIF, luckily  major issues were all solved. Now It's 15 days post OP, I can walk like 2 miles a day without any pain or nerve compression. But my foot is like starting burning since day#5 post OP. Especially when I sleep my foot becomes very painful. Waking up on midnight and walk around to relieve the pain is so exhausted and It has been 7 days. The weirdest thing is I feel nothing when I stand or walk... I have talked to my Doctor, he gave me some meds and told me to keep practising walking...

Do you think It is normal symtom after surgery? I really need some advices for better sleep at night. Thank for hearing me out.

advertisement

Comments

• challengercchallenger Posts: 1,209
    edited 07/18/2019 - 2:02 PM

jasper291

Welcome to the Veritas Health Forum

Learn How to Use the Forum - Take the System Tutorial

Glad surgery went well for you

Take care and keep us posted

Chip
  • Thank you so much for the delivery. I'm taking 150mg of Lyrica a day. I really hope This symtom would not last too long. My doctor also said It is not a serious problem, but I have heard that there are patients who had the postoperative pain that did not go away... 

• advertisement
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,443

One other thing you can do is use ice packs. It may be a little uncomfortable but just cool it down. It will help settle the nerves.
    Take care.

• Thank you so much for advices~
    I will keep fighting

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.