advertisement

In this Discussion

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

Hemangioma Spine - What is it?

Hi guys, 

I have recently had an MRI Scan which has highlighted a Hemangioma located on my L4 vertebrae with signal changes showing compression of my spinal cord and a circumferential prolapse of the L4/L5 disc and part prolapse of L5/S1.

Please can anyone tell me what a hemangioma is? Are there treatments available?

I have an IgA Paraprotein (Myeloma) 

I have severe lower back pain

Peripheral Neuropathy 

Altered Neurology

Loss of feeling in legs, feet and hands

Intermittent Urinary Incontinence 

I'm in a real bad place at the moment. Can anyone offer me any advice?

Thank you 

Mark

advertisement

Comments

• WLLadyWLLady Ontario CanadaPosts: 1,480

Hi MarkyTee211

I'd like to welcome you to the forum! Welcome to Spine-Health

Please read New Member Guidelines and Checklist

Learn how to use Spine-Health - take the System Tutorial

Have you talked with a doctor about your MRI results?  That would likely be the first place to go.  They could help you understand the results better than we can.  Any spinal cord compression also needs to be seen by a doctor as well!  Have you seen a doctor?  Do you have an adequate pain control program in place with your doctor?  any changes in bowel and bladder need to be seen by a doctor as soon as possible in my opinion.....they can also decide if the hemangioma (which i understand is a bunch of blood vessels, like a birthmark type structure) needs to be assessed and dealt with.  Really only a surgeon or you doctor can give you any advice on the findings from your MRI-none of us are doctors here, and we cannot give you any treatment advice or interpretation of your MRI findings. 

Sign In or Join Us to comment.