advertisement

In this Discussion

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

Healing after spinal fusion and lumbar lemectomy

Ok, so this is all new to me, just had spinal surgery 4wks ago the PAIN IS REAL!! Can't sleep well can't turn in bed, brace is uncomfortable can't work out OMG! The list can go on, but im blessed to be on my way to recovery still have about 2 month to go. 

advertisement

Comments

• challengercchallenger Posts: 1,209
    edited 07/18/2019 - 2:25 PM

mscruick

Welcome to the Veritas Health Forum

Learn How to Use the Forum - Take the System Tutorial

I have had two lumbar fusion surgeries myself, if this helps any, at around that 4 week mark is when I really started to feel better, walking was easier, heck everything got easier, and I hope it is that way for you also.

I feel your pain about the back brace, I have had several over the last 30+ years, I have never found one that I liked, after I was through with the last one, and I was ready, I hung it up in a tree and shot it several times with a shotgun, wasn't much left of it, so at least I will never have to wear that one again, the satisfaction was real, had a smile for 2 days.

Take care of yourself and keep us posted on your progress

Chip
Sign In or Join Us to comment.