advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

Genetic testing for pain medication

I am having the genetic testing for pain medication. Has anyone else had this done. Also did you feel that it did work? Take care   And God bless 

advertisement

Comments

• MikethepikeMMikethepike MIchiganPosts: 614

I forgot to mention that it also covers antidepressants and anti-anxiety medications.

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,443

Mike, it's about time!! Here is an article I wrote about it 2 yrs. ago. Please read it, tells you all about it.

Testing For the Right Meds

• advertisement
  • @memerainbolt

Thank you for posting that I had never read your post. I'd like to also be tested . May I print it off to take with me to my PMS next appointment? Just making sure you wouldn't mind.

• Mike

...just make sure that your insurance covers it.  I'm with Aetna, and a couple of years ago they viewed it as experimental (I don't know about now).  My doctor did it then, but they (or the CA lab) paid for it.  I think that it was a new lab trying to get a foothold, and they may have fronted it.  My doctor asked me if I was interested at no charge to me...said the lab would accept whatever payment the insurance made even if nothing...so I did it...came back that what I was taking was not an issue

checking the EOB that was sent to me, it showed that my insurance had denied it...bill was over $2000    

good luck...hope you get the needed info

• Wondering if most doctors know this?! Do either of you know where they send the swab to have it tested? I want to ask my PM doctor the next time I see her. 

• advertisement
  • MikethepikeMMikethepike MIchiganPosts: 614

It says if you have traditional Medicare which I have or Medicaid your cost is zero dollars. That is posted right on the pamphlet

• Yay, that's what I have. I'll be finding a doctor who will do it if mine won't. 

From talking about this before, a lot of members stated their doctors did not know anything about it. I find that hard to believe.

Anyone can print anything I have even written. I do it for the member's benefit

• Thank you memerainbolt . I really want this done to me also. It would be nice to know what works at what strength. 

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.