advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

Sleeping in bed after surgery

So I just started sleeping in bed again I've been in my.recliner after a l5s1 laminectomy. I wake up with my abdomen feeling like I've done sit ups all night long... has anyone else experienced this? No problem if I take a quick nap 2 hours or less only when I sleep in the bed. 

advertisement

Comments

• Yes I figured but you never know... I also am recovering from cauda equina syndrome so I did read that it's possible my bladder could be causing it too I was just curious. The bed hasn't been comfortable for like 2 years due to chronic sciatica so I was scared to try but now that my sciatica is gone I'm hoping my body will like bed again. 

• I hated the bed 3 weeks post op, then it began to be my favourite place again. My surgeon told me I was allowed to sleep in bed either on stomach or on side immediately after surgery, so I did. Sending you hugs, I hope you will be pain free soon. 

• advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.